Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Easter weekend

I hope everyones Easter was fantastic! I had an absolutely fantastic week!

Dan had his scheduled days off at the beginning of the week, and then he ended up getting Saturday and Sunday off because there was no work to do! He got pretty anxious by Monday mid-morning wondering what the heck was going on, but a quick phone call to work confirmed that he would be working later that day.  They're on to night shifts right now, since the roads are un-passable during the day due to mud.

My brother decided to come and visit me for the weekend and showed up Friday and stayed until Sunday.  When I told my mom I was so thrilled to have people over for Easter she decided that she'd like some turkey too.  So I had over my brother, his friend, Mom, Step-dad, my sister, Dan and two doggies for Easter! I thought I'd be all alone, so this was a fantastic treat!

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the feast, but we had made two Butterball turkey breast turkey ma-bobs, stuffing, potatoes, carrots and mom brought over three THREE pies! It was a feast to be-hold! I'm just wishing I had paper plates!

Health wise I feel okay.  I went out to dinner just over a week ago with my mom and I couldn't make it through dinner.  My leg starting jerking around and lifting off of the ground and my toes starting wiggling on their own and spasming.  When that happens I know I need to lie down and put my foot up ASAP.  So I had to ditch out of supper (I literally ran out of the restaurant!) and sit in my moms vehicle until they where finished eating.  I put my foot up for the rest of the night, but I still had occasional spasms and jerks in my leg and foot for a few days afterwards.

Right now I'm usually okay doing a few things around the house.  I can usually do the dishes and make a meal or two.  If I still feel good then I can usually tackle a load of laundry or tidy up a bit.  Unfortunately I can't do any more than that.  I get a deep ache in my foot and I know that if I continue it'll feel like my whole foot will cramp up or the spasms/jerks will start.  I haven't heard back about my X-Rays or blood work, so I assume they're fine.  However I'll be making an appointment soon to ask my doctor what's next.  I've only left the house once this week with Dan, and quite frankly this is pretty inhibiting.

Yesterday Dan and I where hanging out before he had to go to work and we got a knock at the door and we found a package on the doorstep.  I ordered a Fetal Doppler and it had arrived!  For those who don't know, the Doppler allows you to hear your baby's heartbeat and this one even allows you to record it onto any device that has a line in.  We tried for probably 40 minutes and didn't get anything at all.  So I decided to have lunch and try again.  Within 3 minutes we found it!  It's so neat to hear your baby's heartbeat!  We heard a sweet little whomp whomp whomp!  Of course I bawled my eyes out!  Sometimes it's hard to remember there's a baby in there!

So anyone remember me saying how I love The Game of Thrones?  Well I didn't have a big premiere party/supper like I wanted.  But I did make an awesome soup!

Bean and Bacon soup

A lot of the dishes in the cookbook where.. weird.  Like snake, locusts and so on.  Some sounded great but included making dough, which I'm terrible at.  Seriously 80% of the recipes where a pie or tart of some sort!  I decided on this soup because it sounded good, and easy to make.  Im contemplating changing up the ingredients to make them healthier, but overall it was a fantastic soup!

I really wanted to make more recipes.  I had so many pages marked but I just ran out of energy and my foot was killing me by the time I finished this recipe even though I had Dan help me make it.  I have a sauce in my fridge for making Honey fingers, but I've yet to get up the energy to make the dough to finish them.  It's taking me a few days to recover from such an active weekend.

What else have I been doing?  Well Dan and I started our baby budget and have scoped out a few cribs we want and other furniture.  I've been looking up baby onesies like crazy, but very few cute ones come in a unisex colour, so I'm going to have to wait until our gender scan to buy clothing.  Besides that I've been watching endless amounts of X-Files and I have been working on old crochet work.  I'm currently working on a big afghan as practice for when I start my baby blanket for our little Bean. 

So despite the fact that I can't do much, I have been keeping busy!  Thanks everyone for the continued awesome comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment